I’ve made over one hundred and fifty phone calls in an effort to finance my films this year and even now I still get very afraid… a friend asked me to share my strategy
1. If you can call the cell phone of the most important person in the company.
2. If they don’t answer always leave a message as it gives you leverage and puts your name in their subconscious.
3. Keep detailed records of your calls then you can see what is working and develop your own strategy.
4. Enjoy talking to receptionists and PA’s, they are real people and great friends.
5. Don’t look to sell but build a relationship over time.
6. Know that you will always be afraid to pick up the phone, but feel the fear and do it anyway.
Let me know what works for you…